Monday, February 02, 2009

First Day of Semester 2 in Manchester

It snowed in the whole UK since last night! Everywhere was white. When I woke up this morning, I was so surprised to see the 'white piece of land' in front of my block, and it was still snowing. Oooo... first day of sem 2 and it was white. Snow is so beautiful, but it can be pretty annoying when it melts.

My seniors had been telling me that it rarely snows in Manchester, but it has already snowed for many times since December, and the snow stayed!! Actually it started yesterday when I went to Chinatown to see the celebration and Lion Dance. Haha. It snowed when I went to school. Scenery was just beautiful..... so beautiful.... Many were outside playing snowball fight. We played on the way walking to The University Place for another lecture. One word, beautiful!!

in front of my block

beside my block

my boots and the snow was quite thick already

in front of my room

Sunnyside

the dining hall 1

the dining hall 2

my usual path to Ewings

the bench in front of Roscoe Building where I had my first lecture

view from the University Place after lecture

it's still snowing while I waited for bus

in front of the Sackville Building.. still snowing heavily

behind BBC.. no one stepped on it yet


while walking to Pizza Co.

someone made this in Dalton Ellis Hall at 4am!

next to squash court

in front of my block after my lectures

shrubs in front of my block

Snow....... and it will snow again tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment