Friday, May 29, 2009

What a shame

'A homecoming parade will be held for Manchester United if the club wins the Champions League final, 24 hours after the game takes place.' BBC News Wednesday, 13 May 2009 14:30 UK

I was hoping to join the parade to Old Trafford on Thursday, to see the 'red sea'. What a disappointment. 2-0 was not what I was expecting, a bit embarrassing. Before the Champions League final, I heard that many will come to Manchester to celebrate if Manchester United won. So I guess I am not the only one who was disappointed.

The headlines in newpapers were 'Manchester United's dream had a Messi End' and 'A Messi Ending'. All about Lionel Messi. Undeniably, he's a great footballer. Christiano Ronaldo was not performing at all that day. Even Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that Barcelona was the better side that night. What a distressing scene it was when the Manchester United team went up the podium to receive their medals, especially when the team members and the supporters showed the face of despair.

Anyway, it's good enough to be able to get to the final.

Being in Manchester, I can always feel the mood and excitement when Manchester United is going to play in any match. On the streets, there will always be people wearing the RED RED jersey whenever there is a match. I even saw people wearing the red jersey to EXAM!

Which team do I support? Manchester United of course! Because I am in Manchester, and they are good players! (but I don't know much about football).

No comments:

Post a Comment