Sunday, November 08, 2009

I'm lazy to think of a title

I always choose to blog at the times when I am busiest. Right now, I am doing my PRO/II report.


PRO/II...... yeah...... for Pro's.. (like me... that ends up burning midnight oil)


PRO/II is a programme we use to simulate chemical reactions, instead of carrying out the real experiments. I actually prefer real experiments, it's more fun, sometimes...only....  as most of the time, we only look at thermometers, pressure gauge, barometers, steam, condensate... and record, but not what is happening inside the vessel. So, there's actually no difference between doing PRO/II and doing experiments. PRO/II is of course better.. there are really really really simple schematic pictures to see such as reactors, valves, separation column, but you have to put different things together like puzzle to make it work, and to key in the correct data. Or else it will be ALL RED!! A big patch of eye-catching RED REACTORS, PIPES, WHATEVER YOU HAVE ON THE SCREEN! And the demonstrator will stare at your screen like your reactor is really really really really going to EXPLODE!!







Now, I am looking at the stripper. To be more precise, the stripping section. I am trying to understand how a stripper works. 


Back to doing my report~

PS: Stripper is the blue round thing at the bottom right~ and stripping section is the section of the column between the stripper and the arrow that comes in from the left.~

No comments:

Post a Comment