Thursday, December 04, 2008

Tiring Thurday

Thursdays are always tiring as it's a full day. So far, I have three courseworks to be completed. Went for an industrial visit yesterday to Cargill. The introduction was- 'Cargill -- one of the largest global company that you may have not heard off'. The plant was so big. The employees guided us and showed us how the machines work, and the processes of making glucose and the very viscous glucose syrup. There were 6 guys only and 3 were named Robert..



in the toilet

Thanks Kevin the chef for giving me a treat after a tiring day. He gave me two pieces of salmon of about one inch thick each. I'm a huge fan of fish especially salmon, and also I've not eaten fish for a long time apart from the fish in fish and chips.

It snowed in Manchester few days ago. Not those kind of thick snow though. I went out to look at it at 6am. It felt like ice.. Dear went to Bolton to represent University of Manchester for Engineering Design Competition and got third. So proud of him. He said it was snowing quite heavily there. Ah.. I'm desperate to look at thick snow on the ground, unlike the one in Manchester-----

just a little bit of snow.. taken at 11am from my room

I was so desperate of chocolate too. Got 4 doughnuts from the famous Krispy Kreme. 4 doughnuts cost 5 pounds which is about RM30. Haha. Anyway, you can't convert the cost of food in UK or else you will never eat anything. Well, to be honest, these doughnuts are actually quite expensive but it's so nice until it's worth eating ONCE IN A WHILE.




Hey.. So many people are back in Miri and some are going back to Miri. I want to go back too but thinking of the flight which takes a day puts me off. Felt really uncomfortable on the way to Amsterdam in the plane. But I want kolok mee, laksa, lutong porridge, fried kueh tiaw, roasted duck....................................................................The worst thing is, during CNY there's exam going on!!!!! Nonetheless, I will go to Chinatown to have a look at how they celebrate it here. To see if there's any Lion Dance.. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment