Thursday, October 01, 2009

A New Year, A New Semester

I'm back in Manchester! I'm loving the weather here, loving the university's internet speed, loving some of my lovely coursemates, loving the life going back to uni learning new things... Most importantly, I love the fact that I can see my dearest everyday, talk to him and go shopping together, especially after the three months of being apart.

The first day of uni was all right, apart from waiting for the bloody stagecoach bus that came so late which made me had to run all the way from the bus stop where I got off at to Renold Building. What made it much worse is that it was drizzling!

And so, I did not take the bus on the second day and third day. Instead I walked to the campus which took me about half an hour. While walking, I felt like those little kids anticipating to go to school. The chilly weather made it so much better to walk. The feeling is quite good actually and I enjoyed it. Imagine walking in Malaysia for half an hour! Also, I get to tone my legs!! I have to get rid of the fat I gained when I was back in Miri after eating so much Mum's cooking.

No lectures for the first two days, instead we attended the Career and Professional Development Programme where managers and staffs from several big companies such as BP, Solvay, Cargill and Sabic International came in to give us talks and trainings on how to write good CV's, covering letter, how to perform well during interviews, assessment centres and make good presentations. No doubt our university's career service has won the best uni career service award in the whole UK for five consecutive years! I have heard about how good they were before coming here, and they really are!

I got a few freebies from the programme:-



Rainbow spring from Sabic



H2O powered clock from BP, no electricity, no battery


just add water into the two transparent containers


got this prize from BP for getting first class! I have to keep it up!

Bought something which I think is special:


From now on, I can cook perfect half boiled egg!

I went to the city centre and saw policewomen on horses. Even though it's not the first time I see police riding horses, I still felt excited! So the 'sakai' me took a few pictures of them. The horses were big!


policewomen this time





But there are always horse poops around! So be careful when walking.

That's all. Bye. Off to uni now!

No comments:

Post a Comment