Thursday, November 06, 2008

Finally

It's been so long since I last blogged. Life has been quite superb and fantastic in Manchester. Lots of pictures taken...

First, the pictures of dear and I in Manchester one Wednesday afternoon. Since it's a half day, we both spent the afternoon walking around the city, from Deansgate to Salford. Sceneries were nice. We can see that many were already preparing for Christmas. Oh, what a wonderful festival, yet to be celebrated in the UK. I am desperately looking forward to it. I love Christmas. Will there be a white christmas in Manchester? I pray.


in front of Manchester Central Library



Manchester Town Hall



in front of the town hall

nice car.. CL600

side view

the so called river in Manchester which is about the size of longkangs in Malaysia


the bridge


What kind of toilet is that?






the truck goes around playing christmas songs while the people on it dancing. the pedestrians danced with them.

digital 'no entry' sign board

Friday, after lectures we went to Taiwu. I call it the best Chinese restaurant in Manchester--cheap and delicious dim sum. Cheap as in relatively cheap compared to other food in Manchester. The things we must have everytime---

my favourite porridge, but not as nice as Lutong cafe's one

chicken feet and pork rib with rice, dear's favourite

chee cheong fan

We walked around before dear had his lecture at 3pm.



I realized I had never taken a picture of the Picadilly Gardens. That day I sat with 'Jesus' (someone in my hall who looks so much like Jesus). I wanted to take a picture of him, but he's just sitting opposite me. I didn't talk to him too. He looked so serious and quiet, while enjoying his breakfast.

saw this in China town.




my oil burner from body shop, got another one for dear as a free gift for my birthday

My ALTON TOWERS TRIP!! I love the garden. Took merely one thrill ride-- The Air. I am not a roller coaster type of person. It nearly killed me. Haha. It was damn cold that day when we went. I got to see trees and shrubs of different colours. It was about 500 acres in area. I'm in love with it. There was a castle in Alton Towers, with more than hundreds of years of history. Now they made in into a TOWER of HORROR. I went in, it did smell very old but nothing scary. There's one more which they said was the scariest. I didn't dare to go in. Haha. It was drizzling but it didn't chase away the crowd. And guess what? I found 20 pounds on the floor!!

The Air

The Air--too thrilling for me (My first ride in a roller coaster in my whole life, could be last too)



Nemesis (dear went on twice with my pass)

it feels like it's going into the drain

ripsaw


autumn trees




the garden is so so so big

the rock garden, i suppose it's done when the castle was there





my favourite pic


big egg-shaped tree









my mum called and told me not to take thrill rides.. in front of castle

OBLIVION--90 degree drop facing the ground

the superfast roller coaster--RITA

the superslow roller coaster which i rode on--NUTTY SQUIRREL (for kids)


the lady who sells balloon

the Nutty Squirrel Ride

and we managed to take pic (cuz it's superslow)


superbig rabbit, about 5 times the ordinary one

first time i see donkeys

Alton Towers SCAREFEST

Finally... finished

1 comment:

  1. I lost one litre of saliva when i saw those scenery d...

    ReplyDelete