Friday, August 22, 2008

so soon...

26 more days. Then I will be in somewhere else, Manchester, UK, somewhere I have always dreamt of going since I was young. I don't really feel the excitement, instead I feel quite sad. There are still a lot of things to be done before I go.
1. send my unconditional letter to Shell
2. wait for the contract and letter from Shell
3. make an appointment to do my visa
4. book my flights to Manchester
5. fly to KL for visa
6. my sister's wedding
7. pack

My sister's wedding is so soon. The saturday after next. I hope I can get myself a camera before that day so that I can take more shots on that memorable day. Some more, I won't be able to attend the actual wedding in Seremban in October.

Finally I have my passport done. In fact I don't have to renew it as the old one expires next year November. But I just want to save works so that I don't have to renew it next year. Hmmm. For passport and UK visa, I need two different pictures, blue background for passport and white one for visa. AND... for the picture for visa, I was not allowed to smile, needless to say about grin. Ya, maybe a VERY VERY SLIGHT smile. No wonder my cousin was complaining about it when she came to my house after taking the picture.

Sim ming choo, wei hong, wee tieng and I went out for dinner last night. It's somewhere near SESCO. I've heard of this place a long time ago before I actually went there. Food was not bad, and quite cheap. But the environment was, honestly, a bit disappointing. We actually planned to go to coffee bean after that. But we ended up watching movie. We watched RED CLIFF. I was so bored while watching it, kept yawning. Well, I was at first interested in watching it because it's history! I love history especially chinese history. Watching the movie made me felt as though I was knowledgeable. HEHE. The scenes were quite amazing. I said 'quite'. However I think it was a bit illogic and preposterous. The soldiers were supposed to fight, but they were just moving left and right, pretending to be fighting. Ya, that's how movie should be like. They normally don't really fight. That's why I hate watching this kinda movie. AND, I felt suspended when the movie ended. It wasn't a good or proper ending. Maybe there is a part two. Also, the language they used in the movie was not very 'ancient'. ahah. They used some words such as 过时.. and so on. I can't remember.

After the movie, I drove home, with wei hong's car. Sim ming choo said she wanted to see everyone's driving skill. Anyway, the distance was short from Bintang to my house, and not many cars. I heard from sim ming choo that they went to morsjaya for supper again after they dropped me off. I was already so sleepy. I fell asleep as soon as I popped into my bed.

I felt so disappointed by the University of Manchester, especially the accommodation. They gave me a standard room while I applied for an en suite. I tried to appeal but they just would not give it to me. I hope I will be able to transfer to an en suite in Oct during the transfer process. Or, I hope I like living in the standard room with shared bathroom. And, I can save more money. What I felt frustrated was I applied quite early, but just because I had not gotten my results and unconditional offer, they did not have any available en suite anymore. AND A GUY FROM SABAH GOT IT. A GUY!!!! Luckily Lewis and I got the same hall but different block, and I heard that Dalton Ellis hall is the best among all and provides the best catering.

Friday again... Time passes so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment