Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Autumn in Manchester

Weather is quite cold in Manchester. Sometimes 10 degree celcius with really strong wind that penetrates whatever you are wearing into your bones. Today the weather is the best so far, about 15 degree celcius, with lovely sunlight. We used to hate the strong sunlight in Malaysia but it's so comfortable to have it here. In Manchester, places with shades are cold, those without shades are warm, even if they are just 10cm apart. Haha, when I talk, I can see smoke! Well, that happened 2 weeks ago but I just couldn't be bothered to talk about it.

Everyday I have to take the bus to attend my lectures. I live at the south campus while my school is at the city campus, about 2km away. I took the bus to somewhere with the ferarri showroom where they just put the ferarri's outside. A lot of it. Wow. In malaysia, no one will put the ferarri outside, but they just leave it. Anyway, I will take pictures of it when I pass by next time. Morning time is always hectic for me. Rush for breakfast and bus. However, I enjoy it.
After school, we take bus home again. One good thing about my hall is that the bus stops are just outside. I got the unirider for 155 pounds which allows me to take free bus wherever and whenever I want. Just in 3 weeks time, if without the unirider, it will already costs me 50 pounds. Haha.

Lecture
finished at 12pm today. As I walked back to my hall, I saw leaves started to fall. Rain of yellowish leaves, and scattered around the floor. So beautiful. Sometimes you can see 2 or 3 squirrels playing on the field.

the daisy i found outside my room, first time i see the daisy

whatever flower this is

the field in front of the reception where a lot of students like to lie for sunlight

road to my room

outside my room. nice..

the squash court, next to my block

trees starting to turn yellow

Lewis's father came last week to Manchester. He brought me bedsheets from home. Now my room feels more like my home. Lewis and I went to airport to welcome him, but we were late, as the bus went through the small roads.. on the way to airport, I took some pictures

a lot of this kind of bus here.

beginning of south campus

gray

I realize there are a lot of 'brown buildings' inManchester

on curry mile near where I live, famous for indian and pakistani food, like curry

Nando's in Manchester

Lewis and I on bus
Lewis and his father and I went for a walk around the school campus. Then, we walked to the china town in Manchester, mainly for dim sum and other chinese food. Craving for that, although we sometimes have rice in the catering hall, and some chinese style food.

china town

Anyway, the china town here is not like the petaling street in KL. No hawker stalls, but restaurants and chinese shops only. The china town is actually very near to my school, around 10 minutes walk. The dim sum was quite disappointing and the food too. I guess that is not the best.

Curry was the dinner that day. Where? curry mile of course, a restaurant called Sangam. It's so famous that you can see people queueing outside. Anyway, I still prefer the one my mum cooks. yummy!!

Sunday, we went to Ashton for IKEA. I bought a DIY shelf and some hangers and a bathroom scale. Lewis got a bigger shelf. Lewis's father helped us to set it up. We spent nearly a whole day there. I dont know why I just love IKEA. There are so many things there I wanted to buy but... it's not my 'own' room... can't do much to it. And packing next year will be a pain if i buy too much.

Picadilly Garden-- city centre

Manchester City football club

landmark of Manchester City? No idea..

Road to IKEA. near the outskirt and I can see hills

Cathedral

Manchester United Football club (Old Trafford) which I took earlier on

Chinese food for DINNER! We went to the famous chinese restaurant called Taipan. NICE FOOD, dim sum especially. Oh.. I miss home cook meals.

Lewis and his father

in Taipan, not only chinese people

Dear and I

Some random pictures in Manchester.

Archimedes (trying to climb out)

Sackville building (Engineering School), former UMIST

me outside Sackville Building

Dear and I after playing badminton with church friends

What is Wen Zhe trying to do?

in front of Wheel of Manchester (difficult to take the whole wheel)

outside Arndale, the city centre shopping mall

shopping area at picadilly around Arndale, and-- near my school

Antonia and I outside Trafford Centre

at Whitworth Hall after doing my swipe card

A long post after I come to Manchester.. busy school life...

4 comments:

  1. wah..just pass by.... so enjoy o!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! enjoy of course but miss home a lot. how are you there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm fine so far...been tiring of working. Miss home??haha....just bear wif it for a little time. U'll have your long holiday soon (i guess)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey love! Passed by ur blog,thought i'll say HI! How are u? So good to see all the photos and entries you've got there, knowing that you're getting on fine with adapting in Manchester. Anyway, all the best for your studies ay. Send my regards to Lewis. Love ya! (YongYing)

    ReplyDelete