Friday, October 03, 2008

Stepping to a far far place

My flight to Manchester was postponed to 20th September, which is a good thing, while waiting for Lewis's visa to be done. It was a sad day. Firstly, leaving my family and home. Second, had to stay in the plane and airports for 23 hours before I reached Manchester. Luckily Lewis is with me. My luggage was so heavy, so Lewis helped me to carry it all the way. It's too heavy until it's difficult even to move the trolley.

At Miri airport, both Lewis's and my luggages were overweight. Anyway, MAS was giving too little allowance which was only 25kg even for students while Emirates and Singapore Airlines gave 30+kg. The maximum weight for each luggage was 32kg, so we had to open our luggage at Miri airport to 'transfer' things from Lewis's luggage as his one was 34++kg. It really spoiled my mood. And---------- the overweight charges was scary...---RM3800 for boths our luggages. Lewis's father managed to bargain, so we finally paid RM1900 (only). Sigh.

at home before going to airport

with mum and sister

Uncle Freddy and family, Uncle Stephen and family were at airport as well as my grandma. I couldn't resist to burst into tears when I hugged my grandma. Mum was crying. The airport was 'populated' by both our families. Phew.....

Transit in Kuching then KLIA, then Schipol. A long day..

Lewis playing with the reflex test machine

looking tired

early in the morning in schipol but afternoon in malaysia


Didn't take any picture in the 747, I was too tired as it was midnight. I managed to sleep for a very short time. Anyway, luckily I felt the time passed very quickly even though it was a 13 hour flight. Wacthed movie and played games during the flight. Bored. They served meals at 1am and 11am malaysia time, which made me had indigestion and felt ill while waiting at schipol. Checking in at schipol to manchester was strict. Belts and shoes had to be taken off, and I had to take my laptop out from my bag.

I was excited during the flight to Manchester, finally, the last flight after three. Manchester airport was quite big, but not 'grand' or whatsoever. After filling in the landing card and going through the custom check, we went to collect the luggages and I found mine torn. What a lousy bag. Not broken, but rippped, and one zip was broken. Whatever....

When reaching Dalton Ellis Hall, I was grateful that it looked nice and was with a serene environment. We carried the 32 kg luggage all the way to our room, was disappointed at first... but now, feeling so grateful as my hall is 100000 times better than other's.

No comments:

Post a Comment