Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Go-Karting

Went go-karting at Atherton last Monday. A friend studying Economics invited us and I only realised that I was the only girl at the train station. Much to my relief, some of the guys there had never played go-karting before too, and some didn't know how to drive. According to the address, Atherton is in Manchester, probably Bolton, but we had to go by train, changing at Salford. Some guys in our group missed the first train to Salford by merely 5 seconds!! At the station at Salford, there were only two platforms, but many different trains. There was no sign or whatsoever that showed which train we should take to Atherton, which is kind of stupid...

So, we kept pestering a girl nearby asking her 'is this the one?' everytime a train arrived. We must have looked pretty dumb to her, as though we had never taken the train before. The guys who missed us came to Salford by cab and arrived just before we left.

It was an awesome experience. We had 8 people and they had to divide us into 2 groups. Of course, the guys raced against each other, and I tried my very best to drive as fast as I could, but I was still the slowest! Much slower than anyone else!!! I was just too cautious every time I drive, and I don't drive fast. I was shown the blue flag so many times, which meant I had to let the guys overtake me. Embarrassing huh? But after all, it was amazing!!! I'm seriously going to do go-karting again. The lady there told us the best and largest circuit in the UK was the one in Warrington, which is not far away from Manchester. Yes, another plan for the Easter break!! I can't wait!



The sky was beautiful that day












No comments:

Post a Comment